Studio Policies & Rules
- To all Parents: The Dance Centre is not responsible for any student once their dance class is dismissed; therefore, all students must be picked up on time!
- Only clear drinks permitted in classrooms and student area for hydration for students in classes 1 hour or longer (Water, clear electrolyte drinks etc). Food is not allowed in the classrooms, only in the student area at the tables provided.
- All students must wear the proper class uniform, including footwear, for the entire year. The proper uniform and footwear is the same brand and color displayed and sold at The Dance Centre.
- Any student not in proper dancewear by Oct. 1st. will not be allowed in class. Any student with excessively worn footwear (instructor’s opinion) will not be allowed in class.
- The girls must have their hair neatly fastened back or tied up.
- No one is allowed to chew gum during their lesson.
- All of our classes are carefully graded according to the age and ability of the students.
- We reserve the right to cancel a class of less than 4 students.
– Please be sure to notify the studio of all absences, at which time a make-up class will be scheduled.- In the event of a snow storm or severe weather conditions, call the studio – as a rule, when schools are closed due to severe weather, so are we.
– In general, we follow the Toms River School schedule. Classes missed due to severe weather and special religious instructions can be made up, but do not have to be.
– Scheduled holiday closings (those listed on our studio calendar) cannot be made up as they have been excluded from your schedule and you are not paying for them.
-There are no refunds for missed classes due to illness, injury, or inclement weather but make up classes are available.
Tuition Refund Policies:
– Refunds or Account credits will only be given out if the studio chooses to cancel your class
-Year in full tuitions are non refundable.
-Costume deposits and balances are non refundable.
-Costumes will not be ordered without a deposit and not be distributed until balance is paid in full
-If a student wishes to drop out before the end of the season, it must be presented to the desk in writing or via email 10 days prior to the first of the month or the parent will be responsible for the following months tuition.
-There are no refunds or partial tuition for starting later in the month or dropping out mid month.
Habitual autopay failures will be treated the same as returned or bounced checks with a $35 charge for all failed auto payment processing after the first offense. It is your responsibility to check your credit card or bank account on file before the first of the month for sufficient funds and validity.
After late fees and bank failure fees, there will be an additional $50 charge for all credit card disputes, if the dispute is won by TDC. If the payment is disputed through the credit card company, rather than resolving the issue with the Director of the studio directly, the customer will no longer be able to attend classes at TDC with no refunds for any monies paid.
– Students may not participate in the recital if any balance is owed on their account
-Competition fees and competition practice fees are non refundable and must be paid for all competitions and practices even if you cannot compete due to illness, injury, or other unforeseen circumstances.